Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Places to Go, Bows to Tie


Tonight's post will be brief. I had a large shop order to prepare and deliver (*&^% little bows!) and a two page errand list that returned me home just before dinnertime. It was too late to take any blog pictures, so I'll reach into my archives for a nice Kauai picture.


Pictured above is the Na Pali coast on the North Shore of Kauai. It is inaccessible by car, so the only way you can get a view like this is by helicopter or boat. I've been on a helicopter tour of Kauai, and although it was spectacular, I was too busy trying not to toss my cookies all over the pilot to take any pictures. A cruise ship was much better!


This was the deck of the "Pride of Hawaii," the cruise ship I taught quilt classes on in October 2006 for Quiltmaker Magazine. It was a brand new ship, and it was pretty spectacular.

Gosh. Looks like Disneyland, doesn't it? I love the picture below:


I took this photo when we were on "shore leave" in downtown Honolulu. It looks like the ship is just casually parked at the city mall or something. Like, "Oh! Dang! I forgot where I parked my ship...was it in the D or E section?" Ah well, maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's funny. Probably because I'm always forgetting where I parked my car. If I had a funny big ship, I wouldn't have that problem. Heh heh.

To see more of my Quiltmaker Hawaii cruise pictures, you can click here to see my Flickr photoset: click here

Off to put something cold on my sore fingertips. Grrrr...*&^%% little bows....

15 comments:

Andrea said...

Lisa - I have the perfect solution to your bow-tying dilema. At great discomfort to myself I will come and be your house-guest in Hawaii and tie all those bows for you. It will be a bind leaving cold, wet Wales but I am prepared to do so to help you out - LOL !

ladydi said...

Count me in - I'll happily help Andrea tie your bows for you! I love the picture of the parked ship. I can always find my car because I have a bright yellow Chevy Tracker - normally the only one in any parking lot. Do you have a charming young neighbor who would like to earn twenty cents a bow who would help you out if Andrea and I are delayed?

Tine said...

I'll pitch in as well.... We have snow here again!! Really not pleased...
So it is wonderful to come to your blog for some sunshine :-) And I can see how bows seem like a good idea in the beginning. They are still a good idea, they look so pretty, but probably a pain to tie! So do you feel ambivalent about large orders for patterns? Happy at first, but then, OH NO! All those bows.....

Sally said...

I'm in for bow tying, too! I've had enough of rain for this winter! I need sun and warm for a while.

Libby said...

That ship looks like it's about to pull on to the street for a little cruise through town *s*

cinnamongirl93 said...

Pick me! I'll tie your bowa! We are suppose to get 8-10" of snow! All of our snow just finally melted! Ugh!The ship looks like it's double parked. You can get a ticket for that even in paradise right? LOL!

Busy Little Quilter said...

That ship picture is so funny!

I'm always losing my car in a parking lot! Maybe I need a big ship, too!

susan said...

arg.......ya kin keep yer bows lass
i remember the first i saw those bows on the patterns and thought, ah, gee, lisa did it again, how cute....i hate those studid bows cause every time i look at the pattern i feel guilty if i dont retie the darn thing when i put the pattern back in the envelope...if i was smart, i would tie it and glue it on....i miss those boat rides on the na pali my favorite times where when the humpbacks were there...after mike died i never went out again, oh well.....the things ive seen out there is enough to last me for the rest of my life, i was lucky! and now i am lucky again with the new adventure up north...sun is out but still only 21 and its almost noon :-)

Happy Zombie said...

Dude, where's my ship. Of all of your beautiful photos you show, the shore leave shot has me misty eyed and missing Hon! Thank goodness you don't have a shot of a plate lunch... that would be just to much for me to take!

I would help you ties bows - but I'd need to be fueled with two scoops rice and some mac salad first!

PS... my word verification is dapky. Looked kinda dorky at first glance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I can come on my summer holiday to tie those bows! ;-)
We have snowy Easter. Sorry that my posted Easter greeting will come too late! Oh, I love the sceneries you show us!

Megan said...

Finally - I am done reading all of your posts Jan to now. Whew. I got a little obsessed - just like when I read your books cover to cover. Now I can quilt during my daughter's nap (or clean....). Although I might have to make a box bag first (I grabbed some zippers while at wal-mart this am).

Mary Anne said...

Well, talk about one sweet ride !!! Have you ever lost the keys to your ship? That can really screw up a shopping trip! Then you have to call BAA (Boat Association of America) and wait for the guy with the tow truck! (anyhow, great pictures from the cruise!)

......and MORE *#*@ BOWS?!?! I hope your fingers aren't too sore or numb to operate your PEZ dispenser......

Vicky said...

I want a big boat like that! I think the SoCal freeway drivers would clear out of the way if they saw that thing coming! Great shots!

Rhonda said...

Wow! My kids would love to go on that ship. Great photo of the parking ship... well, you can't really loose that now. lol

Opal said...

Haha! I can just imagine the captain, "I know I parked that thing somewhere..." Fantastic shot.