Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Hawaiian Rainbow Basket Quilt, Red Version-tweaked to St. Patty's Day green with Photoshop. Hee hee...I never get tired of this trick!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! Yes, I know to YOU it's already the day after, but here in Hawaii, it's still St. Patrick's Day. It's a good thing that Hawaii sees the last of every day, because while I'm still waking up in the morning, I get to see how the rest of the world spent the holiday. As a work-at-home empty-nester, I find it very hard to keep track of what day of the week it is. Holidays are especially hard to keep track of. Reading the morning news is usually my first clue that I've forgotten it was a holiday. I have NO idea when Easter is this year, for instance. But it doesn't matter because for me....EASTER CAME TODAY!!!!

I was the lucky winner of Moonbeams in a Jar Mary Anne's Easter giveaway--and look what came for me, all the way from Pennsylvania!
Look at all these Easter-y delights! I could smell the box when my husband brought it into the house--there are French vegetable soaps in those yellow wrappers that smell heavenly.


The background fabric was in the box, too. I love the little lambs.
This little guy is great. He's like the Easter Bunny jester riding on a lamb. Love the ears and bunny suit.
In the bottom of the box were these wool felt pieces! I'm so excited, because I haven't been able to find wool felt anywhere on the island. I can now make this pattern that I downloaded ages ago from Connecting Threads:
This little needlecase is a free pattern from Connecting Threads. Follow this link to download the pattern, or visit their "Free Quilt Patterns" section--it's a really good one. I just love this case and now I can finally make it in real wool felt. Thank you, Mary Anne!




If you haven't been to Mary Anne's blog, you simply must go. I think you especially need to read this post because she looks so cute in her jammies and blue sparkly mask that I just wanted to fly across the country and join her quilting weekend party. She's such a hoot. Who else would send me this:





"Hey Little Girl, you want some candy?"



15 comments:

Manuela said...

It's nice to see your blog.
Manuela from Germany

Dawn said...

Nothin' like Mary Anne to bring you a boatload of laughs and good feelings! Love her & love your 'green' quilt.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Wow, the basket quilt looks great green! Nice score on the cute fabric. Have fun creating your woolen treasure.

ladydi said...

What fun to be able to make a St. Patrick's day quilt out of a Valentine's quilt in an instant!

Tine said...

Happy Skt Patricks Day to you!
The quilt looks amazing in green! What a neat trick :-)
And what a great Easter-package you got.

Nancy said...

um....Easter is next Sunday..just want you to be ready with lots of chocolate.
Love the green baskets, but it is a bit of overload even for green lovers, so glad it isn't permanent....lol

CONNIE W said...

Now that's a great box of goodies! Love the way she wrapped it all up so pretty & special. :)

susan said...

hey you! it is almost officially spring and its been really snowing since last night...if you dont like the weather here in the UP just wait 15 minutes...i almost had a heart attack...geez...lisa made another basket quilt...ah, you tricky lass...i loved that gals blog and all those men in kilts :-)hey! i go to this quilt shop next week that has an incredible stash of wool and a bunch that is hand dyed too. i am totally into the hand punch felting thing. i started out with a shoebox size box but will have to upgrade the size soon for my stash of wool roving and felt. i dont even consider the embelishment machine...looks so funky, by hand you get a much finer look. my fuchia did bloom this morning in the kitchen! got to admit i am missing kauai a little bit more this morning.....

Cathi said...

Love your "green" quilt - and wonder what other colours it will become in the future! :-)
What a fabulous lot of fun your Easter box of goodies looks as though it was!

Sally said...

Oooh, Lisa, that priz epackage is wonderful! Tons of smelly stuff and yummy stuff. What more could we ask? I am inspired to explore Photoshop, thanks to you...will see if I can find time, between sock-knitting competitions, to work on that!

Mary Anne said...

I'm so glad you're having fun with all of your loot! Can't wait to see the wool needlecase!

...and , I'm gonna have to learn to do that presto chango color change thing with photoshop .... it'll save my "Holiday Combination Dept" TONS of time!!!

...AND .... you are SO sweet to say such nice things about my blog !!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you .... (and in case anybody is wondering if I really thought I could take a picture of myself with my blue sparkly sleep mask covering my eyes .... the awful truth is .... yep .... and .... duh! ... so much for that college education!)

Kristin said...

what an easy way to make a monochromatic quilt work for you! You could do an Andy Warhol-esque little collage of the basket quilt. In fact, I dare ya.

Love the pez guy- nothing like a sugar high from a neon rabbit.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I love your photshop tweaked quilt. The Irish Pub I stitch and Bitch at absolutely needs one. Your package is awesome and I can't wait to see what you do with the lamb fabric!

Libby said...

What a great way to have a quilt for every occasion . . . you are a clever gal *s*

Lisa said...

Lucky you!!!!