Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Punk

It was a gorgeous day outside, but I stayed inside today. This is Nawiliwili Harbor a few days ago.

I'm still feeling a little punk today (for all you international visitors, that means I'm still feeling a little sick, NOT that I went out and got my nose pierced), so I didn't get outside much. Instead, I tackled the fridge (wow...English is silly! I really didn't tackle it...that would be dumb. It's much bigger than I am...) and dumped all the stuff that got a little fuzzy while I wasn't feeling very enthusiastic about eating. So this was my day--the inside of my refrigerator. I took everything out, loaded all the shelves and drawers in the bathtub, and scrubbed down the walls. No more fuzzies in my fridge (fuzzies=mold. I didn't realize I talk in slang so much! Do any of you international visitors have trouble understanding my slanginess? Finland? Japan? Germany?)




I suppose we could speak the international language of knitting! Mmmmmm....yarn....soft....socks....yum. This is the back of the leg and heel portion of my Merino Lace Sock from the Favorite Socks book. I just turned the heel last night and I'm starting my gusset decreases (sorry quilters--now I'm speaking a foreign language to you!). I love how the lace pattern continues onto the heel.


Here is a close-up of my Araucana Ranco Multy in action:


The colors in this are unbelievable! I think there must be every color in here, but the effect is very subtle when knit up.
Shown above is the side of the sock. The large lace design is repeated on the front and back of the sock down onto the heel, and the sides of the socks have these interesting panels of ribs. I like this pattern. There's a lot going on, yet the chart is not that difficult.


Now for all you non-knitters and non-sparkling-clean-refrigerator-fans, I offer you some eye candy. Here's a sneak peek at Monday's post:

Shhhh! Be sure to check back on Monday and leave a comment on Monday's post. I'm going to take Sunday off to catch up on everything I missed while I was sick, so I'll catch up with you on Monday, when I'll announce the giveaway and you can leave your comment. Good luck!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, your sunday, which you are taking off, will be my monday... which means that if I want some stuff, I should check you out on tuesday, unless I am feeling punk.. in which at 9'30 my time I will tackle the fuzzies in my fridge and hope that I don't miss the gussets of the heel turning and forget to leave a comment.

but since I am a knitter and a quilter, I will just leave you in stitches.

get well soon and cool runnings.

Denise (Nour) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise (Nour) said...

It's so nice to see some of your world and hawaii! Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Ugh! I'm sorry you're still punky--I hope you're spunky soon(better than chunky)!

Your sock is stupendous! Wonderful! Love the yarn!

Salem Stitcher said...

I love the sock, though I have no idea what you were talking about. My knitter friends tried to teach me how to knit but I just couldn't get it. I was so tense that my shoulders were tucked under my ears. I looked like I was hanging in a closet. I'll stick to quilting and just barter for knitted goods.

The eye candy was yummy! Thank you!

Sally said...

So glad you are feeling better. And so is your fridge, too, it seems, now that it's fuzz-free . Your socks are lovely...I love that multi-colored yarn. I just downloaded the first sock pattern for Sock Knitting Pentathalon. Am I nuts for signing up for 2 - two!- sock knitting competitions? Where was my brain? Probably in a fuzzy refrigerator! Have a great Sunday off. See you Monday.

Mar said...

Lisa you are a hard working generous soul! Enjoy your weekend.

Kristin said...

thanks for your inspiration! I am going to "tackle" painting my son's room today!! I love the socks - they look nice and cozy . . . Have a great Sunday and I will be back Monday fer sher.

;)

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Ackk blogger hates me today! Hopefully this comment will go through. I love your fuzz free fridge! I have a thing with fridges and microwaves. Don't ask. Your sock is so nice, that pattern really shows off the yarn so perfectly. Oh and you're fabulous, so much motivation. Make sure you allow some rest time so you can get well.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I can feel the ocean breeze and the warm sun on my face ! Thanks for the picture! What a beautiful sock pattern. The lace pattern is just gorgeous. What is the brand of yarn? Is it merino wool I wonder. It sure is pretty. Very nice work! I take my wool cap off to you! Have a great week end. BTW still sugar and flour free!!!

Cathie said...

{{{{{{{{{{{Lisa}}}}}}}}}}} Big hugs to you!! So sorry that you're sick!

I have to say, you surely did put the time to good use! Your doll quilt is stunning! I love the fabric on the back, too.

Your cleaned out fridge is also stunning. *grin*

Um, maybe I am being silly here, but if your floral quilt-let is not the right shape for a doll quilt and does not have a hanging sleeve to make it a wall quilt... isn't it by default then a lap quilt? So maybe you could put a border on it if it needs to be just a little bit bigger, and then bind it off? I thought the quilting was perfect for the quilt, btw. The whole thing is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well, first off, you clean the fridge when you're sick? You're wierd. But, nice socks. That pattern looks really cool; I love how the back of the leg pattern continues down the heel. Very nice.

Shelina said...

I hope you feel better soon. Amazing at how much you accomplished while you weren't feeling well. You're welcome to come over anytime to tackle my fridge! The yarn is beautiful, and so is the quilt pattern.

Opal said...

Those socks are. so. gorgeous. I want to eat them.

I cannot believe you cleaned out your fridge while still feeling under the weather. And when do we ever feel above the weather? You're right English is a funny language.

Feel better soon. :)

Natalie Rush said...

I'm impressed you cleaned your fridge!! I need to do that. Your sock is looking wonderful.

Hope you feel better!!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I'm sorry you're feeling punky. Now that makes me think of Punky Brewster, and I don't think you feel or look that way!

I love the basket quilt.

I will see you on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Because I've been feeling punk too (new word for me BTW), I have a lot of catching up to do! I feel like I'm at the blog-buffet with all these delicious posts to read! There's no limit right? I don't have to pile all your posts on my plate all at once... I can keep coming back, right? With a clean plate of course.

And since real buffets are creep and icky... I can "dine" in comfort knowing your posts are germ free!

Babble, babble, babble... all the babble above just for me to say... we have the same fridge! I'm constantly opening the freezer when I want to get into the fridge. Do you do that too? And our water dispenser is really slow (even with a filter change). Must be because mine is a zombie fridge. Otherwise... I love that fridge!

Mokihana said...

We have the same fridge! The Wide By Side, right? I love my fridge.... yours is cleaner than mine, however.

Love the pics you're taking!!