Saturday, January 26, 2008

Crocheted Edging Color Help? Anyone?




I just lurve these pillowslips that I found on ebay! It was one of those "miracle wins" where I had just picked the magically perfect bid amount and didn't lose the item by 50 cents like I usually do. And gosh, they are better than their picture! I love them. Yes, they need ironing and they smell like an old lady's closet plus a New Jersey post office plus a mail transport plane plus a Kauai mail truck plus a Kapaa mailbox--but I'll take care of that later. Right now, I'm dreaming about the crocheted edging I want to put on it. I dug out my trusty "101 Crochet Edgings" book and I can't wait to get to it! Trouble is, I'm not sure what color of crochet thread to use. I need your help. I'm trying to decide between the blue and the lilac. I'm leaning toward the blue because I already did this one in lilac:



Gosh...is there any thing prettier than a crochet-edged embroidered pillowslip? If I could, I would wear one.

So, I need your vote. I'm going to try out this voting widget provided by Blogger, but if it doesn't work, leave me a comment. Blue or lilac? The voting box is under my "About Me" picture. Leave a comment if you have another idea that doesn't involve orange in any way. (Orange ALWAYS gets me into trouble.)

3 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I vote for the blue! The pillowcases are so sweet. I never get tired of feasting my eyes on embroidered necessities. I wish I had time to make some of my own! I do have a stash from my great-grandma. Happy crocheting!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're a REAL blogger....how about the purple? I LOVE embroidered pillow slips. When my grandma passed (as they say), I was fortunate enough to get hers (rescued from the trash pile). I still use them!

Acornbud said...

What a tough choice. I will vote blue...no purple...no blue!